MacDermid Alpha, DuPont Teijin Films and Sheldahl Inc., enter into a collaborative partnership to offer Low Temperature, PET-based Flexible Printed Circuit (FPC) Assemblies
(Waterbury, CT USA) – April 11th, 2019 – MacDermid Alpha Electronics Solutions, the world leader in the production of electronic soldering and bonding materials, DuPont Teijin Films, the world’s leading differentiated producer of Mylar® and Melinex® branded PET and PEN polyester films and Sheldahl Flexible Technologies, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Flex Ltd., has been delivering reliable, materials, flexible and printed electronics, have entered into a strategic relationship to offer Low Temperature, PET-based flexible printed circuit assemblies.
This collaboration will enable a complete and holistic solution, starting from world class Polyester Films, to state-of-the art FPC fabrication and low temperature soldering assembly.
This radical technology has the potential for three key inflection points:
- Transition from traditional Polyimide-based (PI) flex circuits to water clear, transparent, state-of-the-art Polyester-based (PET) flex circuits,
- Fabrication of sophisticated circuitry via use of Surface Mount Technology (SMT), and
- Ability to attach heat sensitive components, such as Displays, Batteries, Connectors, etc., using standard in-line SMT assembly techniques.
Key benefits to our Customers include:
- Leading edge Products, technical expertise and applications support.
- Global supply chain for implementing this technology.
- End-to-end solution for creating next generation products.
This Win-Win solution of ultra-low temperature processing, for mutual customers, will enable smart, thin, lightweight electronics of tomorrow.