Sheldahl® uses high-speed, roll-to-roll processes to apply micro-printed silver inks, which are ideal for mutual-capacitance switch nodes with backlighting graphics.
Typical applications for Sheldahl’s micro-printed silvers include transparent capacitive switches, projected capacitive touch sensors, flexible displays, and flexible photovoltaic solar cells.
Base Films & Adhesives:
- Clear PET (75µm, 125µm thick)
- Optically Clear OCA/PSA (3M 467, 3M 8172)
- High resolution printing of a non-transparent silver ink in a Hexagon pattern created the switch nodes while 75-90% of the surface remains uncovered
- Printed PTF silver defines the traces connecting the switch nodes through the connector tail
- Carbon PTF ink can be printed in the connection area for durability and reliability
- The body of the switch circuit can be covered with either PET Coverfilm or a clear printed mask for protection.
- Processes: Roll-to-Roll Printing
- Minimum MPS Feature: 20µm
- Max pattern size: 500mm x 450mm
- Minimum silver trace pitch: 500µm
- Resistance Uniformity: <±15%
- Custom Testing and Excising
Click here to download Micro-printed Silvers Data Sheet.